Position: Trainee Scaffold Design Engineer – Postgraduate route
Location: Swinton, Manchester – Office Based
Basis: Permanent – Full Time (initial 6 month probation)
Start Date: To suit successful candidate
Salary & Bonuses: £23,400- £26,500 (experience dependant) / on site free parking / gym membership / on site Café / performance-based bonuses / team building activity days / 20 days holiday (+8 bank holidays) / on the job training / opportunity to attend college for further education – if required.
An exciting new role has been created to support the growth and positioning of Buckley Design Solutions in a specialised area of the temporary works industry.
Buckley Design Solutions is involved in the design of scaffolding, delivering diverse and complex projects across the UK. We have worked on some of the UK’s most iconic structures, including Royal Albert Bridge, Plymouth; Iron Bridge, Shropshire; Etihad Stadium, Manchester.
- The design of complex scaffolds using 2D CAD software.
- Complete load calculations with the help of Excel spreadsheets and frame analysis software.
- Internal and external checks and reviews of other designs.
- Work to British and European codes of Practice.
- Assess the structure and highlight any potential issues, which may affect your design.
- Attend site meetings with scaffolding companies, main contractors, and other industry professionals.
- Take relevant notes to create a design brief in which to base your scaffold design around.
- Understand the practicalities of scaffolding, so that your designs have build-ability.
Criteria – Skills & Experience
- Minimum HNC in Civil Engineering – Preferably in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Good level of knowledge and understanding of technical principles within Civil Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of CAD.
- Some basic knowledge of 3D modelling and BIM preferable.
- Meticulous attention to detail, to ensure drawings and calculations are without fault.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and a creative thinker, to be able to resolve any issues or hazards which may arise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable collaboration with staff and clients.
- Good level of computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office & Excel.
- Ability to keep up with a fast paced and reactive scaffold design industry.
- Ability to manage workload and keep to working deadlines.
Buckley Design Solutions was formed in 2011 by Lee Buckley, Managing Director. Lee has grown the business over the past few years from just himself at home, to having an office and 8 staff. Our meticulous attention to detail, and our build-ability designs, has resulted in our client base growing month on month, and we are continuing to grow even with the current economic uncertainties.
We are involved in projects nationwide and overseas (as far as New Zealand) so no site or design is out of our capabilities. We work within many sectors of the construction industry including Rail, Industrial, Commercial, Restoration, Domestic and Events Structures. Our aim is not only to provide scaffold design solutions, but to provide a professional and personal service, including design advice and guidance.
Working as part of a small team, staff wellbeing and happiness is one of the key principles at Buckley Design Solutions, and you’ll enjoy various benefits, from team building days such as Go-Karting and The Crystal Maze, through to office lunches, performance bonuses and even the odd early finish! Our ethos is if you work hard, and business is thriving, we all benefit as a team.